29 September 2006

Margaritas

I have spent years drinking and not drinking.
I have reasons. I have excuses.
I had too much to drink tonight.
I am too old to drink much, and I feel like crap, really.
I am in a play in which I am supposed to be an opium addict. Alcohol probably doesn't equate to opium, but drugs are not an option. What a stupid idea, though, that getting drunk would assist me in building some character. Ah well. Folly.
This theatrical endeavor reminds me of myself - who I am - underneath the job, the complaints, the compulsions. I am, at heart, an artist of some sort.
It is a breath of fresh air to spend time with people who are as off-task as me.
Drunkenness does not aid my artistry.
I think I'll wait and let this wear off and hope to feel better tomorrow - or Sunday at least.

No comments: